Who are you - am I

I wrote this poem  as a result of people watching - noticing the extreme efforts people(including me, at times) go through to NOT make eye contact.  We  either claim to be in a hurry and/or we have declared our independence from the world around us, and/or we have developed such an intense love affair with our technology that the need to make organic contact is a thing of the past.  In any event, have we become so out of touch with our surroundings that we have completely forgotten what the impact of a smile, a nod, or any kind of acknowledgment can have on the potential recipient?

Is it fair to say that the discovery of one another has been placed in the hands of dating sites and meet ups  that promise a 'match' you with someone worthy or of Like-mind-and-quality?  What are your thoughts?

Who are you - Am I

Who are all these people...most of whom I've never met?

Are they future friends?
Will they come into my life eventually...
for a reason, a season, a life time?
Or, do I know all there is to know about them?
Do they wonder the same about me?
Are we all moving too fast to even notice one another?
I think that mother earth, father time, and life has got a hold on us all!

Stop, breath, listen, feel, taste...I'm over here.

Comments

  1. Sister Sister you knock it out the park you are phenomenal you're incredible you're in the presence that's why I cherish our friendship so much that point was off the charts continue to inspire my sister continue to inspire my sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poem today inspired me to post something I know I'm not the first to say...

    I,AM WE

    No man or woman is an island until themselves...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection, Refection, Resolution

Feelings - Denial of the Heart